Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sweet summertime


When I think of summer I think of popsicles, fireworks, fishing, and the beach. Since I couldn't put fireworks, fishing, or the beach into a cupcake I picked popsicles. Dreamsicles to be precise. These little delights have orange cake filled with vanilla pastry creme and topped with homemade marshmallow fluff and a candy orange slice.
The next best thing about summer is all the perfect pastries you get to eat a the numerous picnics you'll attend. One of my favorite pastries is a Boston creme pie. So, of course, I took my favorite doughnut and turned it into a cupcake. I crafted these out of vanilla cake filled with vanilla pastry creme. Topped them all off with vanilla buttercream dipped in chocolate ganache. These were fantastic. The only thing better than a Boston creme pie is a Boston creme cupcake.

No comments:

Post a Comment