Saturday, October 1, 2011

Charm City Cupcake Camp

Last weekend I took part of a wonderful event called cupcake camp. It took place at the oh-so-stylish Blue Hill Tavern in Baltimore, Maryland. Participants brought cupcakes of all types. My favorite cupcake was a mini cupcake that had blueberry cake, maple frosting, and a piece of bacon on top (pictured below). Yes, bacon. Don't doubt it yet. It tasted like a blueberry pancake with maple syrup with a little bit of bacon in there. Fabulous. Breakfast in a cupcake. In fact, I believe it won best taste. Which leads me to the competition part of the event. Of course, I entered. The cupcakes I baked (in order from left to right, front to back, pictured above) were Chocolate Caramel Pretzel, Mexican Thanksgiving, S'mores Remix, and Apple Cider. (Descriptions of cupcakes can be found under the "creations" tab.) The categories for the competition included best taste, best use of seasonal ingredients, most unique, and best decorated. And guess what? I won!! My Mexican Thanksgiving cupcake won best use of seasonal ingredients! How amazing. I was so excited to be a part of an amazing event and win one of the categories. I am looking forward to attending again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment