Thursday, April 14, 2011

Something old, something new


These next two cupcakes I tried something new on each but stuck with my original (perfected if I might say so myself) cake batter formula.
These tasty tiramisu cupcakes are bite-sized! Thats right, I made minis! My mom and I attended a jewelry party and I brought these along with me. The perfect size for a party with many other sweets to enjoy. I made these by using my vanilla cake, which half was soaked in a secret coffee mixture. The icing is a mascarpone cheese based frosting and it was delicious. I garnished them by dusting with cocoa powder and adding a strawberry sliver to finish the minis.
So my new thing I tried was glaze. This glaze and I got into a fight at first but after I burned some of my fingers, we settled our differences and it ended up tasting amazing. For these guys I made a lemon cake loaded with cranberries and topped with my new best friend, lemon glaze. When I served them they were still warm which made it even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment